I definitely don’t lift enough. I’m cardio-a-holic, and I’m not patient enough to do muscle conditioning. But it’s important! So this fall I’m challenging myself to do a 20 minute at home muscle conditioning workout 2 to 3 times a week!
Challenge: 20 minute at home muscle conditioning workout
Duration: 2-3 x week/4 weeks
I’m only continuing this challenge for 4 weeks because afterward I’m going to switch to different exercises. Good to keep the muscles guessing 🙂
My At Home Gym:
- Resistance Band with Door Hook: $11.99
- Stability Ball (not shown above): $19.99
- Set of hand weights: $18.99
- Kettlebell: $19.99
- Jump Rope (not pictured): $5.99
Compare to a gym membership: $39/month after 2 months you save yourself money! Also, you could skip the jump rope and do jumping jacks or run in place (Save $5.99) And anything you do with a kettlebell you can just a hand weight (Save $19.99) So, you roll in right about $50…not bad 🙂
Click on the image and it will take you to a description of the exercise.
1) Bent Over Row – 10 reps / 3 sets
2) Alternating Lunges – 10 reps / 3 sets
Exercises 1 and 2 I combined. So after 10 reps of bent over row I did 10 reps of alternating lunges. I did this until I did 3 sets of each.
3) Bicep Curl with Calf Raise – 10 reps / 3 sets (I used the kettlebell) As you raise the weights come up on to your toes. As you bring the weights down, lower your heels
4) Swing – Use kettlebell – 10 reps / 3 sets
Again, like above, I combined move 3 and 4.
5) Windmill – 8 reps on each side / 3 sets
6) Chest Press (with the resistance band) 12 reps / 3 sets
7) Squat and Row 12 reps / 3 sets
This time I combined 6 and 7
8) Hamstring Curl with Ball – 10 reps / 3 sets
9) Stability Ball Pass Crunch – 10 reps / 3 sets
I combined 8 and 9.
Last.. I jump roped and did jumping jacks for 4 minutes before and after (alternating 1 minute of each)
My first workout:
I love the workout actually! Alternating the moves gets my heart rate up enough to keep my motivated. Sunday down and 1 more day to go this week 🙂
Want to join the challenge with me? Let me know!