Today was a very long day, however very productive! Boot camp was a lot of fun, albeit at 7 am. Got to see a beautiful sunrise. It was a red one which usually means bad weather is ahead (red sky in the morning, sailors warning). And guess what!? We have rain and storms, which is helping to cool everything down…here comes Fall! It’s been so hot this summer (105 degree days!) that I’m looking forward to some cooler days. Hot cocoa and all snuggly in my blanket…daydreaming 🙂
Anyways, I had a wonderful time brainstorming a delicious fish dish! Usually I combine recipes that I like and create a whole new one. This recipe I’m giving special thanks to Rachel Ray and AllRecipes.com.
Balsamic Tilapia with Zucchini “Noodles”
- 2 tilapia fillets
- 1 large zucchini, cut into thin strips (like noodles)
- 1/4 c. all purpose flour
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- parmesan cheese to taste
1) Salt your cut zucchini and place in a pot of boiling water. Boil for 1 minute, then drain and hit with cold water.
2) Coat tilapia fillets with fresh cracked pepper and lightly flour. Place into a non stick skillet with 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Cook 4 minutes on both sides. Take tilapia out of pan and put onto a dish.
3) Take boiled zucchini and saute in 1 tbsp olive oil, garlic, and more fresh cracked black pepper.
4) In the tilapia pan with the tilapia removed, place the butter and allow to brown over medium heat for 2 –3 minutes. Add balsamic vinegar. Cook for 2 more minutes, or until the vinegar reduces.
5) Plate the zucchini first, sprinkled with parmesan cheese. Then place the tilapia on top. Last, pour balsamic brown butter over top.
Make sure to enjoy your tilapia with a nice glass of white wine 🙂 My choice for the evening…a beautiful Riesling. Definitely needed this glass of wine tonight!
Here is something that cheered me up today:
This beautiful bouquet of flowers that my Aunt Brenda picked up for me before she left. Those are my pups next to the flowers. Chance is the tan guy and Maggie Mae is the little one in front. They are the loves of my life. Miss them dearly. This weekend I will be in the search of a pet…possibly a kitty!
Here’s a quote to leave you for the evening:
“The earth laughs in flowers.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Have a wonderful evening!